Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April Training

I have had some really fun runs/climbs the last few weeks. On 4/14 I made a quick run up to the summit os South Mountain above Herriman. This is the mountain that burned in Sep 2010 and most of the trees and brush have been scorched. There were very few animals and bugs and it was quite surreal to be climbing up. It was very quiet until I reached the ridge where the wind blasted me. It was COLD! It was a really fun run though and I reached the top in 38 minutes. This is a fun run/hike if you only have a few hours.


Last week I got out for two runs on the Bonneville Shoreline trail above the East side of Salt Lake and the University of Utah. Matt and I ran from the Avenues Twin Peaks trailhead to the summit of both peaks and then down to Dry Canyon and up Mt. Van Cott as well. It was a really fun run and the views were amazing.



Then two days later I headed up by myself to the summit if Mt. Wire and then ran the BST to Red Butte Canyon and back before work. I really love this trail and it is an excellent place to get a good run in with some elevation gain.

Here are a few pics from South Mountain








No comments:

Post a Comment