Monday, March 11, 2013

February training

My training goals for February were to up my miles to 50+ per week to get ready for the Buffalo Run 100 miler that I will be doing on March 22nd. I have been slowly ramping up my miles over the last 8 weeks trying to be careful not to overdo it and get injured and I think I was very successful. I averaged 47 miles per week in February and had some really incredible training runs.

The Avenue Twin Peaks became my training run of choice during the month and I ended up running to the summits 6 times. The trail was in great shape the entire month, it us 100% runnable and it is less than 15 minutes from work, so I was able to hit it early in the morning and still make it into work on time. I had some excellent runs with great friends.
Matt Williams and I completing the Ave Twins

I also ran Lake Mountain 3 times in February and like the Ave Twins it was in phenomenal shape with a nice packed track all the way to the saddle.
Summit jump on Lake Mountain


February was an excellent month of training for me and I feel pretty confident going into the Buffalo 100 with only some minor nagging soreness in places, but no injuries. I am very excited to run a 100 miler that isn't a tough mountain run. It will be a new experience for me and hopefully I'll do well. I certainly expect to have a PR in the 100 distance, so in that respect it is good knowing that I won't be out there as long, but 100 miles is still 100 miles, so it will be a challenge for sure. I'm fully psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment