Thursday, March 25, 2010

3/24/2010

Craig and I met at 5:45 this morning to climb South Peak (above Herriman). There is no trail, and we had to just go straight up bushwhacking our way over boulders, brush and snow. We were hiking really fast and made it to the summit in 46:00.

It was really cold on top and we had an amazing view of the sunrise and the Salt Lake Valley below. We took our obligatory peak jumping photos and then had some fun messing around on a radio tower that had blown over just below the summit. I added some pictures that you can see in the post below.

The hike down was much easier. We went down on a game trail that we found and it ended up being less of a bushwhack, but I did get tagged on the foot by a cactus... ouch!

We made it into work just after 8:00 and it was the perfect way to start the day. So far in 2010 I have climbed 8 peaks, so I need to get my butt in gear if I want to finish with 52 for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment